Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nude Awakenings

Prague. It is not so much the city but the affect it seems to have on my insides. The moments pass like moments passing not like I am trying to pass by the moments. It lends itself towards wanting to be wandered. The nights seem warmer and the air thicker. The days seem brighter and water shows up in all the right places. Tonight I went to draw a nude and ended up being drawn nude. It was a form of bodily discipline that I have always been curious about but have never exercised. There is something about staring into something and being totally aware of every muscle in your body while realizing that so is everyone else in the room. All was well until my eyes began to swell as The Mountain Goats sang of Peacocks. I focused on soaking in the music as opposed to soaking my cheeks and everything turned out ok. The music, it never failed us. I have to believe that it kept everyone in the room intimately alive and present. It served as the breath I was so hesitant to take. Apparently, I was surprisingly still.

Tomorrow I move on to Brno. I have an interview with a young family looking for an English speaking someone to live on their organic farm and play with their three girls for the summer. I may just linger in this sweet stillness of moments passing for a little longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

emily,

i'm so proud of you for doing what want and for being so AMAZING. i'd give anything to run away.

-jessica