Monday, November 3, 2008

červený mlýn

Something like Tolkien's "cellar door", červený mlýn just sounds beautiful to me. Aside from that I have nothing much to say about red mills.

The pads of my feet are hitting the pavement with less weight and more purpose. A lofty something or other has taken hold of me and whispered sweet nothings into my ears. I am feeling a sensation that one can only feel before something is going to happen in their life. Spending a weekend in Prague with Patrick was refreshing. It was nice to speak with little force or concentration for long periods of time. I had forgotton what it meant to talk freely and fluidly with someone who knows about where you come from. There was no explaining about badass happenings because we both just knew that they happened where we come from. There was no forcing conversations and filtering them. There was laughter, and romping, and cheersing, and haircutting, and singing, and long walks through the streets. I was much more frightened of seeing someone from home than I should have been but Patrick was the perfect person to relieve that.

I am anxiously and almost drunkenly suffering through this day. I am so ready to be proud of being an American when Obama takes his rightfully desereved spot in the White House. Aside from the fact that I was out all night making company with the rims of glasses and partaking in potentially scandaless activities, this new feeling of giddy and anxt has much to do with the election. Things are happening around the world and it feels good to be able to feel it.

I would love nothing more than to go dancing. At this moment I would do anything to be at Blevins Junior High or back at a Splash Dance nervously waiting to be asked to dance by Nathan Minatta. Which never happened by the way, he was much too cool for me. Anyways, the point is, I feel silly and young and I would love to go to a dance.

This is officially the worst post I have ever written and I am sorry for exposing you to such drabble. I will do better next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not the worst post:) I miss u and i think your thought about school was mild. We never had school dances...
Oh girl. I miss u so much.. they started to sell such a good cheese in that wine bar.. (: