Thursday, May 15, 2008

Copy and Paste: Intended for someone else but still informative.

I had the most insane night/happenings/day in Dingle. Basically, I couldn't get a hold of the couchsurfing person(s) that I had originally intended on staying with so I went to that choir thing after my walks etc. It was incredible. I cried? It was so beautiful and it was in this old, old church and the singing was out of this world and then there was some traditional Irish music. It lasted for about two hours so by the time I was out I decided to walk back to one of the beautiful spots by the shore that I had scoped out earlier to sleep for the night. As I am walking, get this, this crazy looking tweaked out, tall, goofy, blonde, curly-haired, Irish guy says from the street "hey! what are you doing right now?" of course I am thinking, damn this sucks, what a bizarre introduction, and tell him that I am doing nothing, because that was true. Well, he invites me to come to listen to some music (he has a guitar in his hand) and I tag along. So, his jam session doesn't really pan out, or more so he decided that he didn't really want to go because it was his dad (who turns out to be a fairly well known musician in the area) and some older guys playing for some tourists in a swank hotel (one of whom did buy me a beer with out even asking me). This kids name is Breanan, and the first two questions he asks me are 1. Are you single (Yes, but Hell NO!) and 2. What is your star sign (You have got to be kidding me!). Anyway, we walk to this other pub which has the most amazing guys playing an accordion and guitar. Blondie wants to go get stoned and invites me to sleep at his house. I decline with an in your dreams, stick around till the music ends and end up getting a call at around 11 from one of the couchsurfing people. The guy turns out to be this awesome 37 yr old Dub named Conor who lives with his Aussie girlfriend (who is five months pregnant) Vanessa in Inch. So he picks me up in Dingle and we start driving for a half hour on windy dark roads and end up in this incredible little cottage (the three of us plus Jack the yellow lab) and they make me fruit salad and they include me in their paper bag list of baby names for suggestions. I wake up and look out the window of the little room they put me up in and find that I am on the slope of the most incredible green overlooking the entire bay/peninsula. I had a bus to catch at 2:30 so they took me to the beach and we went for a long walk near the ocean and then they drove me around on the back roads.

Breath.

Now sitting in Dublin Airport longing to be back in tall grass, swinging on forbidden tire swings, and, listening to that accordion player push buttons and tap feet to the beat of maybe my beat?

No comments: