Tuesday, May 13, 2008

from the pool to the cork to the dingle

I have been having some of the most incredible days.

The bus ride to Liverpool from London was uneventful, too many roundabouts and non with grass in the middle, but seeing Neil again and meeting his family was great. Neil's dad picked me up at the bus stop and luckily for me he was just an older version of Neil so I had no problem finding him. I am sure I was easily picked out of the croud too. I was the only one without a baby on my hip standing outside. Liverpool, in my eyes, is just recovering from a midlife crises and all of the power to it. All of the city center, it seems, is being revamped, improved, etc. It was nice to walk around with Chris, Neil's friendly giant of a cousin, and tour the city. Did I mention that the days have been beautiful? They have. Apparently I am bringing the sun with me wherever I go. It didn't rain a drop while I was in London, Liverpool, or Cork, which is where I just came from. Monday morning I rode a bus from Dublin to Cork (don't get distracted on a short bus ride, it turns into a very long excursion) and I totally lucked out because I got to stay with the coolest people on the Island as far as I am concerned while I was there. It was a group of boys from St. Johns University in Minnesota who are studying abroad in Ireland. Thanks to my first couchsurfing experience I have made at least one new life long friend. Yea, that is you Greg! We both agree that we had the best Tuesday night in Cork that either of us have ever had.

Today, I am in Dingle. Possibly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and now I am off to go and enjoy the rest of my evening.

No comments: