Thursday, May 1, 2008

Chloe Abshire

This is the mantra I have decided to tell myself when I lose confidence in my ability to travel alone. Lying to myself and others about the level of confidence I have is much easier then giving into the pressures of people trying to make me scared. Chloe Abshire is the girl I want to be when boys at coffee shops come to sit down next to the girl who ordered coffee in an American accent. She is full of life, not so immediately dismissive, and enjoys meeting nice people and making conversation about the weather. I am not saying I am not typically that girl but there is a time in ones life where they just want to sit by themselves, think about nothing, and watch all the people skip puddles through the window. On the other hand I recognize that I am alone and travelling, and that meeting people along the way will make all of the difference. So, even though I do not feel like socializing excessively at this current junction in my life, I can always resort to introducing myself as otherwise. Today, I gave it a shot. It went so well that I might just have to pull Chloe (or one of the other ladies from the depths) out a few more times on this trip. Just for an extra boost of confidence.

1 comment:

Cara Maiolo said...

here's to al the ladies you find in your depths this adventure....cara m