Monday, August 4, 2008

Praha 7 deconstructed

I am back on the farm once again but I left and that is what matters.  Early Friday morning I tagged along with Karel as he had some business to attend to and got dropped off at the nearest green line metro.  I made my way down the familiar streets to Chrisine's apartment and rang her checkerboard buzzer.  Instant gratification.  

After spending some time letting the afternoon pass us bye and let each others pasts catch up we went and grabbed a bite to eat.  I then helped her pack up her home to get ready to fly out on Sunday.  After three years in the belly of the Czech Republic Christine was taking her leave.  It caused for special events this weekend.  One of them being a rained upon picnic.  We met with Sarah, a bad ass, hoola–hooping, red-lipped, broad smiled girl from California and her boyfriend Ryan who is an actor that ended up growing up in Fort Collins.  The four of set up as the sky tried to scare us away with its sprinkles and by the time it had started pouring we had already lit the bbq and were nestled under a tree and not getting wet.  So, we stuck it out and by the time Ken Nash (the guy that asked me to get naked for is figure drawing class) and his girlfriend Elena, Linda, a wild and bubbly Australian, Brian, my new dancing partner from Cheyenne Wyoming, and Mark all got there we were ready to throw some shark on the grill and devour the many variants of salads and dips that were spread out on our quilted array of blankets.  It was a magical affair of sorts.  

Later on we dropped off our baskets at the appropriate houses and moved on to a bar of pink elephants and high ceilings.  We all drank our beverage of choice and chased it with a coffee so that were better fit to go wild into morning.  We moved like butter moves on freshly made waffles.  We poured ourselves over and melted ourselves into the squares of the city making sure to leave traces of our existence wherever we went.  After a memorable stop at Sarah and Ryan's apartment we went to the Blind Eye to finish out the night.  Dancing, drinking, smooching, laughing, making moments into memories.  We left and began leaving each other.  Sarah and Ryan went home, Mark trailed off somewhere, and Linda, Christine, Brian, and I went for the grilled cheese burger something or other stands.  Minnie driver got some pickle but I got some crust with a hint of ketchup.  We put Brian on the green line and the three ladies walked towards the red line.  I wasn't tired until I realized that it was 5 o'clock in the morning and then it was all I could do to keep myself standing and make my way home.  Linda went her direction and Christine and I plopped ourselves down into two seats going in ours.  We missed our stop by two.  There is something about the steady hums and scrapes of the train that put us both to sleep but we made it back all the same and fell into a dead sleep.  We woke up and passed the afternoon tidying up and packing our bags.  We said our sweet goodbyes knowing that it wont be too long before our paths cross again and I was picked up by another colleague in a Mercedes.  

After my last visit to Praha I am pretty damn positive I will be moving there sometime in the future.  It is only a matter of time.

Last night Petr picked me up in his foam green beater of a car......he just passed is driving test.  so cute.  I promised his mother that I would drink wine with her on Sunday and well, it was Sunday.  I was not as enthusiastic about it as I was when I said I would do it.  Christine informed me that culturally this meant that the parents liked you and thought you should marry their son.  Now I realize why Petr rolled his eyes at her when she asked me.  Nothing too extreme, although she did ask me why I was going to Africa and not staying in Strážek.  I was happy to be home after a wild weekend.  I put fresh sheets on the bed and have started listening to the ridiculously extensive music collection that Ken prepared for me.  So nice to have new music.  

Oh yea!  Cheers to me.....I bought a new dress.  Sorry Stelth, if you do show up around the corner, I will not be ready for you.

No comments: